My experiment with avoiding wheat and dairy this week is so far having absolutely no effect on my nursing baby’s skin issues. Bummer. One good thing that has come out of it so far, however, is these delicious muffins. I found the original recipe here, and made very few changes. I am just not confident in gluten-free creativity yet :).
My husband actually said these were the best tasting muffins he has had in years.
Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins
1/2 c. coconut oil
3 ripe bananas
6 dates (pitted)
1/4 c. honey
1/2 c. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 /2 c. finely chopped walnuts
1/2 c. chocolate chips (dairy-free, if needed)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and proceed:
1. In a blender, combine eggs, coconut oil, bananas, dates and honey. Blend until evenly combined.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Dump the dry ingredients into the blender with the wet. Blend again to evenly combine. Scrape the sides as needed.
4. Stir (don’t blend!) in the walnuts and the chocolate chips.
5. Divide the batter evenly between 12 – 18 muffin cups (depending on how large you want them). Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
I’ll be sharing this recipe with:
- Orange Coconut Muffins (blessedrootsblog.wordpress.com)