At least it was a productive day.
Option 1: Tackle massive pile of dirty dishes accumulated throughout a very busy, long day OR
Option 2: Put off tackling mound of dishes in order to feed my sourdough and write about my dishes.
Things I did today:
- Showered (other mothers of many young children will agree that this alone qualifies as a productive day)
- Taught the kiddos
- Baked two loaves of Oatmeal Bread
- Made Potato Corn Chowder (Yum.)
- Baked a batch of Breakfast Cookies – this time with walnuts, dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Took all five children to the dentist for cleanings (no cavities :))
- Let the kids play with clay
- Filed and paid quarterly taxes for Blessed Roots Farm
- Created a pile of dishes that spans half my kitchen
- Stepped in poop on a bathroom rug and lost a pair of undies, the rug, and my sock in the incident
- Fed my sourdough starter
A full day, indeed.
Alas, the dishes did not do themselves while I was typing. Guess I better get back to work . . .